my name in lights

my name in lights

Friday, July 8, 2011

You already know I love tacos but maybe you don't know these things...

So there was a really crazy dust storm here the other day. As a result the last couple of nights on my way to work it's been kinda of eerie outside. It seems like it's foggy outside but it's dirtier and browner and the air seems more still, if that's possible. There's one stretch of road that goes by some industrial area and they have a lot of flood lights on below the interstate so the glow seems to come from the ground and I feel like I'm in a Spielberg movie. For whatever reason I'm loving this weird dust fog. It makes me calm and more still on the inside. So I'm at work right now thinking about how much I love it. And then I started thinking of other things I love. The things that I love seem simple to me. Like, I love that the new blinds Chelsea put up in our windows give a different sort of light in our home. I love that after showering and washing my hair I can just let my hair air dry and it will be done for the day. I love singing and dancing in my car. And I mean SING and DANCE. I don't mess around with that sort of thing. I love looking up movies on wikipedia and ruining the ending for myself. This frustrates a lot of people but I love knowing what's going to happen before it happens. I love the office. It's one of the few shows that I'll watch by myself and will laugh right out loud to. And not just a chuckle, but a full, bend over myself laugh. This segues into my next love. I love James Spader. It's really kind of an odd thing because if I really look at him he's just so creepy. But I also remember him from the 80's, specifically Pretty in Pink and I just have a guilty pleasure hankerin for some Spader. So I love that he'll be on the office. I love vanilla flavored tootsie rolls. I love wasabi peas. Of course I love the obvious things and people but I've already dedicated a post to those people and I'm not repeating it here. I love facebook and I know people joke about stalking, but I really do like looking into other people's lives. Don't be creeped out, you most likely do it too if you have facebook. I'm pretty much done here. I love more weird crap but I'm at work right now and people are starting to arise and with all the interruptions I don't know how to end this in a non abrupt way.

No comments:

Post a Comment