my name in lights

my name in lights

Saturday, August 20, 2011

May I have this dance?

So I had to replace the battery in my car and I suspect that it blew the fuse to my radio because now my radio won't work. So I've been forced to listen to my ipod while driving and it's been awhile since I've done it. I was pleasantly surprised with some of my favorite dancing songs and it made for a great ride home this morning. I decided I was going to blog about dancing but that changed to sharing some music videos with you of the songs I listened to on my way home today.

Charlotte Gainsbourg with Beck- Heaven Can Wait

I recently discovered this song and I'm just gonna admit right away that this one isn't on my ipod and if you're offended you can just stop reading.

Foster the People- Pumped Up Kicks

I heard this song for the first time here in Arizona on my way to a friends house. It was really starting to get warm and my car windows were down (because I don't have AC in my car) and this really started off my summer good. It wasn't until about 20 minutes ago that I found out the song is about a school shooting and it makes the song super eerie. But I like it and call me evil, but I still can't help but dance.

Miley Cyrus- Party in the U.S.A

I can't tell you how this specific video strengthened some of my best friendships!

OKAY, I JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO LINK A VIDEO INSTEAD OF JUST A LINK BUT I'VE SERIOUSLY BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR 3 HOURS SO I'M NOT GOING BACK, ONLY FORWARD.

Chromeo- Night by Night:









If I could pay to dance with this man I really really would.


Vampire Weekend- Giving Up the Gun: What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good beat and good cameos.


Passion Pit- Little Secrets:
When I went to my trusted Wikipedia to look up this song it was said that it was performed by an American Wonky Pop group. What the heck is Wonky Pop?!? I love the word wonky and I’m not saying anything else about the matter.



Scissor Sisters- I Don't Feel Like Dancin':
I was introduced to the Scissor Sisters from a review in People magazine. I don’t remember how it was that they described the music, but it was enough to make me look into the group and I instantly loved it. This is one of my favorite songs to dance to and I do really love the obvious irony of it.


Sam Sparro- Black & Gold:
I didn’t know until after I already loved this song that it was about God. And the song instantly became that much more dear to me.



Brandon Flowers- Was it Something I Said:
I don’t know much background about this song but I just know that I really love it and I really love Brandon Flowers. And I don’t care if he’s not the best Mormon in the world, I love that he is and that he claims it. And I love that he's out of tune in this video and admits it.


No comments:

Post a Comment